A Bit of Game Design History

Saturday, January 02, 2010

From: Tony Dowler
To: John Harper
Date: Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 1:08 PM
Subject: In a Wicked Age Dice

I have some suggestions of my own for how to handle the stats and dice.

Currently Art, Grace, Guts, and the endeavors have little meaning.

So instead, you have six forms:
1. with violence
2. with love
3. covertly
4. directly
5. for others
6. for myself

Each of your dice is assigned to one of these forms.
Each action you take uses two of the forms, chosen by you.
Your action must reflect the forms narratively.
Each mastery names a form that you must use when you use that mastery.
Each mastery names a form you MAY NOT use with that mastery.





Most people don't know that Tony invented that. I was going through old emails today and thought it would be nice to post a reminder.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ben Robbins says:  

Go Tony!



Blogger Vasco A. Brown says:  

I think Vincent gives Tony a shout out in the section of the game where he first introduces the forms, but I'm sure most gloss over that part, especially if they aren't looking for it.



Blogger Unknown says:  

Wow, thanks for the shout out! Yeah, Vincent gives me credit not once, but twice in IAWA. Personally, I think it's just a plot to deflect praise away from himself for making an awesome game.



Blogger Gregor Vuga says:  

Yeah, Vincent does say "(and thanks to Tony Dowler)" after he lists the forms, so I always assumed they were based on a suggestion from you, Tony, but I didn't know that you wrote them down in their actual form.

Props.



Post a Comment



<< Home